Mid Coast Communities achieves its vision to support people to thrive and to create communities where everyone belongs by working in partnership with peak bodies. We support the New South Wales Council of Social Services (NCOSS). We assist them to consult with the Mid North Coast region as part of our sector development work so they can work at a macro level to influence social policy.
The 2016 Regional Consultations identified the following aspirations for our communities:
- Our community is connected and supports parents and children
- Our community is a place where children can grow up in a safe environment
- Our community is a place that offers things that people can choose that suit their environment
- Our community is a place that offers affordable housing and job opportunities
The 2016 Regional Consultations identified the following community priority areas:
- Economic Development
- Sector Funding and Investment
- Aged Care
- Young People
- Domestic Violence
You can find out more about NCOSS and the Regional Consultations by clicking here.